Monday, February 26, 2007

Ms. Barubal

Wednesday morning. I got some food for my 10 AM snack. I was sitting here in front of my computer when suddenly, this substitute secretary for the sales department Grasya* (Filipinized true name) barge into my "cubicle".

Grasya: Kainin naman natin ito? (Hawak ang snack food.)
Ako: Ah mamayang 10 ko pa kakainin yan.
Grasya: Ang damot mo naman.
Ako: [TANGINA MO!] HINDI AKO MADAMOT! [TANGINA MO! AS IN, FUCK YOU TALAGA.]

Grasya is the kind of Pinoy who's crass, tactless, and with no breeding. As in barubal talaga.

I cannot fully explain why I don't like that kind of person. There's a very, very fine line between frankness and tact, and I learned it the hard way, di ba Ennui? Sadly, most Pinoy cannot and does not know the difference.

Rough breeding really does make me cringe.

No comments: