Friday, September 01, 2006

Nostalgia on the First Day of the -Ber Months

I still am here at the office. Alone.

Nostalgia is creeping in. The sun's light reflecting on the surfaces of the buildings outside dominate my view.

I can't help but think of all the years gone by, in high school, where I would spend my Friday afternoons with friends inside the school grounds. There, we would loll on the football field and reminisce of all the things that had gone by. The wind would sweep at us, move the cut grass, and cool us in passing.

When most people are out partying, I choose to be alone. I want to watch "The Devil Wears Prada", but it seems like everyone else I know had already planned ahead, leaving me wanting for companionship. But I don't blame them. In fact, it could have been my fault to say the least. Ennui, F, and monja! had planned beforehand. I'm not sure about Phanks, but he'd probably 1) be doing school work, 2) or be partying, or 3) be out with his better half tonight.

To kill this feeling, I am going to meet with my other friends (read: straight male) friends at the mall but won't stay very long. Seeing people or a group together might just kill me.

I have actually started to maximize my spending - that is, to minimize my fare and food. So instead of buying outside, I bring my own lunch. Instead of taking the cab, I wake up earlier and take PUVs to work. And instead of riding to my destination that is near, I walk.

Yesterday here at the office, I got a "gift" from the Oracle Corporation. It's a pouch-type zip-up CD holder. How nice of them, but I wonder how they got my contact details. As in they got every detail right: my name and my office address. Am I under CI? I hope not.

NOTE TO PHANKS: I encountered a novel today entitled "Clubland" by Frank Owen. It might interest you. It's about the "fabulous rise and murderous fall of club culture". I will try to get you a copy should you be interested. Just leave a message.

Anyway, I have to go now. Be seeing some of you guys soon.

2 comments:

. said...

"fact, it could have been my fault to say the least. Ennui, F, and monja! had planned beforehand. I'm not sure about Phanks, but he'd probably 1) be doing school work, 2) or partying, or 3) going out with his better half tonight."

Probably you've read about my wolf triad entry. Been saying these things a night before you wrote your own entry.

r3dguy said...

.no i haven't been blog hopping for some time.