Monday, March 13, 2006

The Wonder Katulong

I should how written this last Saturday so that my emotions would have been raw. By fate, I had to pass two days to let things cool down so I can write this down in a simpler and objective way.

This entry is all about the new katulong of my ate: Cookie. She's the 30-something katulong of my sister.

Anyway, I am irritated of her.

Last Friday, March 10, there was a gethering of sorts at my sister's house. The attendees were her subordinates at the USE and one or two "business partners" of the USE regarding housing. Anyway, I arrived early so that I could help prepare.

There was one point that I was standing by the sink, and she was also there washing some utensils. I clearly overheard her say:

"Puro na lang lababo ang tao dito." Then shaking her head sideways.

So I was surprised about what she said, not knowing if it was meant to be heard by her. I wanted to reply "Ate, may handaan ngayon, obvious ba. At trabaho mo yan." but decided against it because I wanted my sister to catch her say other words like what she just said.

And then there was one point where I was eating, and the other maid and she were washing some of the used pots, pans, and plastic container. She said something in Ilocano. She must have forgotten that I understand. I think she said, "Mahirap talagang kumita ng pera."

And the last thing that irritated me was when I was transferring the barbeque on a plate, and then she said, "[r3dguy], hindi mo tinignan yung lasagna." In my shock, I looked at her incredolously and said, "Ate, may ginagawa ako." And I know that my sister heard and saw my reaction.

When my sister left the kitchen, I heard Cookie apologize in a sarcastic way. I don't like it when people are not sincere when they apologize. She said she is frank and she just says what she wants to say.

Not in this case, though.

Analyzing her words and actions, I know na napahiya si Cookie. And frank? I don't think so. There's a big difference between being frank and being tactless and crass. And Im'm sure Cookie is the latter.

I don't have anything against katulongs with grudges. I have mine, too. Ang sa akin lang. Sana ilagay niya sa lugar. Alam naman niyang may handaan eh, expected na talaga todohan ang kitchen.


Some people naman talaga, oo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, put her in her place. She's replacable, you're not. Let her understand that.

Take care! =)

Kiss My Mike said...

we used to have maids din, pero yung iba eh masyado mapili sa trabaho...hehe...the bad thing is, yung iba eh nagdadabog pa pag nauutusan. duh...kaya nga may maid di ba para tumulong sa bahay? it's not as if inaabuso sya. she was really acting like a princess. pero minsan it's best not to take it seriously...para less-wrinkles...hehe