Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Tribute to Ennui

Ennui and I have known each other for years, and we had seen each other grow to become what we are today. Unfortunately, I haven't written any literature for him. Due to recent circumstances, however, I was inspired to write this short but meaningful poem. I am offering this one to one of the best friends that I have. I hope he likes it.

THE CACTUS

And it stood there waiting
parched, the cactus burned in the desert
it rigid frame stiff, erect and pointing to the sky.
From a distance, clouds rumbled,
and sparks flew.
Suddenly, wind blew harsh upon the cactus
but it did not sear,
the sand, like teeth, blasted its skin, and
the grains caressed its protected length
as the cactus swayed amidst the tempest.
Rain followed, beads of white falling from
an unknown heaven, showering the enduring one
with life-giving matter not necessarily for its own.
And as the new source of sustenance sank on the ground,
the cactus did nothing but sucked, taking in
every last drop, fearing it would be the last,
it’s own moisture flowing on its side.
The rain has gone, but hovering above the setting sun
amidst the shimmering desert, are clouds,
and the cactus rests, assured of coming rains.

2 comments:

ennui said...

Oh r3dguy! It's a wonderful poem! Medyo bastos, but still wonderful! Super thank you and hope to see you soon! Ü

PS - I'd write you a poem too, but I fear it might come out XXX-rated hahahaha

r3dguy said...

.you're welcome. the poem's not obvious naman di ba? :D.