Monday, September 05, 2005

Misconception or Plain Stupidity?

I know it's very early in the morning to lambast someone, but since it has already pushed me over the brink of disgust, I would like to start my entry with this.
I was reading the front page of a daily broadsheet when I saw this photo of the refugees of the huricane Katrina. It reminded me of the thousands dead in New Orleans. I mentioned this to one of my officemates, let's call him N, and he didn't know that weather disturbances occured in the U.S. (point 1), or if he did, didn't know that there was one right now (point 2). Suddenly, he said a-matter-of-factly that they disperse these disturbances through bombs. Or in his immortal words, "Pinapasabog nila yun." He was referring to the storm (point 3). The cogs in my mind moved.
THAT IS PLAIN STUPID. It just confirmed my first impression of him that his brain is found in between his legs. It's a classic case of not knowing something fully before speaking. I can't believe what I heard. I told him, "How can you disperse something that is as big as France and Germany?" What did he wanted to use, a nucelar bomb?! I don't claim to know everything, but at least I do have the effort to know things first before talking. Then came another topic in my mind.
The U.S. can claim that it is oh-so-powerful, but it cannot hide its hypocrisy. They may claim that they're god, but they're definitely not one. Look at all the thousands dead in New Orleans. Look at how slow their pathetic excuse for a president responded to the disaster. How ironic that he's too hesistant (excuse for the lack of word) in helping his countrymen, but too enthusiastic to wage a war across the Atlantic. Another case of having no brains at all? Their president is just disgusting and really UNFIT to hold the seat of power.
While I am one of those few people who secretly rejoice in this blow to their president's image, and secretly rejoice at the exposure of his incompetence and mismanagement, my heart goes out to all the families who had loved ones litter the streets of New Orleans, dead.
For N, I pity you.

1 comment:

billydee said...

Hey, I totally agree with you regarding the current president of the United States. He suck big time. This really shows that he's incapable of holding his seat. I just wish these people picked someone who was more worthy than him. Poor Iraq. Poor the rest of the world.