Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Love Affair" With Metro Cab Drivers

Here continues the saga of my "love affair" with cab drivers within the metropolis. I have already given you the first two stories here and here. So far this week, I've had had three encounters.

June 18, Monday

My frustration of the events the past weekend must have shown on my face because the taxi driver, with me having hardly sat there for five minutes, suddenly asked me if I had a relationship with God. I told him yes. And then he started preaching about his Born Again ministry, etc., etc. Listening, it probably took away some of the negative feelings I had that day. Probably. I paid him extra for at least taking the effort of establishing rapport and consoling a tired soul. Thanks, manong.

June 19, Tuesday

This one is hard to detail because I am not sure what to make of the cab driver. He kept looking at me on the rearview mirror, and kept glancing at the back whenever I say something. It's a game of cat and mouse on that fucking mirror. Sadly, he's not my type, although I admit that he's kind of cute, and tall (gauging from the length of his legs). Come to think of it, he's got appeal. But kebs, not my type.

June 21, Thursday

Nothing major negative happened naman. It's just that he hesitated before giving me a ride. That oaf.

No comments: