Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Staring Game

Traffic along P. Tamo was horrendous last night. It turns out that there was an armored car that fell from the flyover and crashed onto two other vehicles. I think there were people dead. Anyway, it took me like one and a half hours of travel time from Buendia to EDSA. And I said yesterday that I'd like to be home early, hay.

I was tempted to get off the jeepney, but there was this cute guy beside the driver whom I had a staring game with.

At first I didn't notice him because I was trying to settle down on the seat. And after a few minutes, I did notice him, as I was peering through the window in front to check why the vehicles weren't moving. Then I caught him looking at me. I thought he was another flambouyant gay, but actually I'm not sure about that.

I really wasn't interested with him since I thought that his nose was unproportionately wide. I tried to get glances of him on the overhead mirror, but his face wasn't showing there. I think he caught me looking at him using instead the side mirror.

Then I noticed that he's light complexioned, short haired, and had nice eyes. It was dark and full against his face. He's also got a stud on his left ear. He was also japorms, I think his choice of polo suited him, though.

It was a staring game. We were trying to catch the one who was looking at the other. We were like that the whole time. But you know what, it wasn't only thrice that we stared at each other.

He got off the vehicle earlier than I. So I saw him walking away, and concluded that this guy may either be a PLU, a really straight good-looking guy or a guy for pick-up. He looked okay, though.

In any case, I can't put him or his stare off my mind right now.

I have to thank the traffic for that, no matter how morbid the thought may be.

No comments: