Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Discrimination by Affiliation

I'm wondering why there seems to be a lot of people in the streets today, compared to the same time on other days. Made me cranky. Hay.

I'm acquainted with a certain [RoT] in a popular forum. Based from his posts, I think that he had just admitted to being gay, or at least bisexual. Anyway, I was interested with most of his posts so one day I decided to send him a message, and that is where it all started.

Last December, people from the thread decided to have a WEB (wholesome eye-ball, but for me it was a GSEB, ha ha). I was supposed to go but wasn't able to (see previous entry). I think this year they planned another one, but things got out of hand.

I learned from Joms that apparently, they had an issue regarding the meeting place. To cut it short, there is a division (again) in the ranks of the AP people.

As it is, the group is divided into two: those in the league of [RoT], and those who belong to the friends of Joms' friend, [macd].

Last Saturday, I got a message from [RoT] that he wanted to meet me if ever I was at Glorietta. He was there together with some of the posters in the forums, his friends. I told him that I cannot go there since I was at the tourney. Well, he said we'd meet next time instead.

Anyway, come Monday, I asked him through YM who he was with that Saturday. His reply was that he was forbidden by his friends to name them.

I think from there I got the message. They are excluding me because I know Joms, and Joms is a good friend of the one that they had some sort of issue.

This is clearly a case of discrimination by affiliation.

I maybe Joms' friend, and Joms may be the friend of [macd], but I think he should not think that we share the same views because first of all, I do not really know what their feud is all about, and second, I don't know who [macd] is.

Oh, well. It ain't no problem of mine, now, girlfriend!

1 comment:

. said...

Actually, I kept my neutrality in their conflict since I wasn't involved in the first place. Somewhere along the way, my affiliation has cost me my alienation. Pero its alright, I dont need him or his friends anyway.