Friday, September 29, 2006

Typhoon "Milenyo"

Yesterday was scary because of the very powerful typhoon.
Still no electricity on some parts of the Metro, and water comes on a trickle, at least only to where I am staying at right now.
I went to the office yesterday. And outside the windows you could see the wind smashing against trees and buildings. Part of the PeopleSupport building was damaged. Trees, leaves and branches were destroyed. It wasn't a rain-heavy typhoon. It carried a lot of wind.
I waited for the rain and the wind to slow down a bit. I thought that I was going to die if I braved the weather. Thank God I hesitated.
Back at the village, the usual tree-lined Amorsolo St was littered with felled trees and fruits that smashed on the road. There was no electricity.
And I'm glad that my family is okay.

1 comment:

ennui said...

i'm glad to know you are safe. i went to work at noontime, the height of the typhoon. it was crazy. the building was wiggling and from the window, one could actually see raindrops flowing upward instead of it's usual downward trajectory. it sucked having to spend the night in the apartment without electricity.