Monday, August 21, 2006

Evenful Weekend

A lot of things happened last weekend.

Murphy's Law Saturday

Last Saturday, I acted as tour guide for our new employee, the one that will replace the company's artist. I was supposed to leave at 9:30, unfortunately, one of my superiors asked me to install the scanner from one computer to her computer. Nakakainis lang kase parang in short notice, kailangan kong gawin yon. I was getting frantic na nga because I asked the guy to wait for me by 10 AM. I think I was able to leave the office at about 10:20?

After the first outlet, I decided to leave and pass by the route I thought would bring us earlier to our next destination. Much to my dismay, we were caught in a traffic jam. It was really fucking irritating. And my boss called me on my mobile and gave me another assignment.

When finally we were able to board the bus going to Crossing, I was confident that things were going to run smoothly. Alas, when we got to Guadalupe, our bus went on queue. Damn. We got out of there after 48 years.

By the time we got to EDSA-Crossing I was really hungry. Since it was lunch time when we arrived, all the fast food joints were full of people. We had to make do with a Chowking outlet. After lunch we visited each outlet located within the area. And then we were off to Cubao.

Cubao was were my strength was drained. We had to pass by reeking back streets, noisy malls, crowded streets, and abandoned commercial complexes to reach our destinations. By 4 PM, I was raring to go. But then I had to pass by UST, so I was able to get home by 9:30 PM.

And it was my nephew's birthday pa pala.

Incredulous Sunday

It was after breakfast when I read the SMS. I was being asked to come to work that rainy Sunday morning because another supervisor had to use the Bluetooth device. So I went. What irked me was that they bought lunch, but did not include me. Typical of them.

Bored, I logged on to IRC, and joined several channels. I talked to someone and he invited me over his place. So I left early and then I proceeded to his place. I was in for a big surprise.

The condo unit was nice. But it reeked of something. I tried to search for the source of the stench. Much to my horror, the foul-smelling odor came from my host. It was a good thing that he had the TV on, so I focused my attention to it instead. After watching CSI: New York and The Wedding Date (I love Debra Messing), I decided to leave and left I did even if he tried to convince me to stay.

I ate since my stomach was already grumbling. But then my best friend texted me and I decided to meet him. Unfortunately, his partner was already there, and they left early. I then went to Netopia at Park Square 1. But there was this irritating kid who kept squeezing himself between me and his friend, so he was invading my space with his big bratty butt. I left.

At home, I ate dinner and watched TV. My sister's masseuse came, and my sister had her massage inside the room where I was staying. After her, she asked if I wanted a massage also, and I said yes since I felt so stressed. At least after that, I felt as if all the tensions and problems were all removed.

I had a good night's rest. Finally.

No comments: