Thursday, February 23, 2006

A War On Unalertness

I thought yesterday would turn out fine, hindi pala.

It was my sister who woke me up in the morning, nakakahiya because it was quarter to 7. I didn't go to work because I had to have my back checked. It was not until quarter to 10 that I was able to leave because I had to wait for the househelps since they brought the kids to school. I just ate breakfast while waiting.

I learned also from one of the househelps that the dog spread the charcoal on the carpet. Apparently, the door to the lanai was not tightly shut, so the stupid dog stained the carpet with charcoal that. Major shit. I had to clean that up.

After eating, I checked again the carpet to see if the stain was visible. It was. But that wasn't what scared me. Outside, by the pool, a man was sitting near the edge. Akala ko may nakapasok na magnanakaw. It turns out that it was the pool guy and his son (as I later learned). Since I almost had an attack there, I confronted them with these words:

Me: "Manong, bakit hindi kayo nag-doorbell?!"

Pool Guy: "Dati namang hindi kami nag-do-doorbell."

Me: "Kahit na ho. Eh kung sabihin ng ibang tao na magnanakaw kayo?"

And I slammed shut the glass door separating the lanai and and the pool.

It's irritating that they had to sneak in like robbers in broad daylight. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't appreciate that they come to clean the pool. What's making me fuming mad is that they blatantly disregard the privacy of homes. Eh kung sa bahay kaya nila gawin yun, matuwa kaya sila? I know it's their work, pero wala naman bastusan. Also, I was the one left in the house, so whatever happens to the house, it automatically becomes my resposibilty. And I am sure any sane person would have done the same. Besides, my sister knows of the guys many shady dealings, and I think in that aspect or point of view, I am saved.

Anyway, after they left, workmen from the USE arrived. They came to fix the A/C unit in my niece's room. I didn't feel antagonized because they were part of the USE nga, so whatever happens, they would easily be traced. Anyway, what irked me was then when this one guy was checking the unit, he suddenly opened something at the bottom of the unit and water dripped - while my niece's TV was under. Major shiyetskaya. How bobo naman this orc is! Kaya naman pala my sister is so irritated with the Pinoy workforce at the USE, they are so incompetent!!! Their saving grace? The other guy was gwaping. He looks like the guy from the Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan) Sex Scandal. Nice bum. I'm just a sucker for a guy with a pretty face.
Anyway, finally, I was able to leave since the househelps already arrived, so there were people who can stay and watch these men work.
I got to my home at 10:30, and then had my sister accompany me to the hospital. The x-ray was done in less than 20 minutes, so we left. She went home, and I went to SM Manila, to check the outlet there. Actually, to check someone in the outlet there. :D
Anyway, I met a friend also and we talked and then I went home because it was already late na rin.
Hmm. I'm planning to watch Brokeback Mountain and Memoirs of a Geisha this weekend. Anyone? :D Sana lang yung sasama, huwag maging isang MALAKING DROWING na SAKIT LANG SA ULO!!!
More posts tomorrow and Saturday, so keep readin'.

No comments: