Monday, February 13, 2006

The Purging

The company's having a major shake-up for the past few months. The management is trying to weed out inefficient employees who are hampering progress.

Actually, ganoon naman talaga dapat. But what if people you believe can not be uprooted are part of the casualties? Take for example, DM and Kalbo.

In the case of Kalbo, it would be understandable and about time. Just like Cassandra Ponti, it takes him 30 minutes to answer a simple yes or no question, but still ends up not giving a either a yes or a no. He's a contradiction of contradictions, an irony of ironies, and "a half-wit with nothing good to say but mumbo-jumbo" (rephrased quote from my boss). I've written about him before, so I think it would be pointless to waste good space for all his short-comings. Anyway, to have an idea of how much his "influence" had diminished, think of a lucious, fresh-baked apple pie cut into four parts. That represents his power. Now, take away three-fourths and give it to someone else, say, a girl in her late 30's. Ganoon kalaki ang nawala sa kanya. Total loss of confidence.

DM's case is different. Actually, I thought differently about him because his ties with my boss go back to his young life. He is both a highschool and college scholar of my boss' foundation, among the first of many. Sayang talaga. The problem was he ignored the company policy regarding company property - notably, cash. Nadamay lang naman si DM dahil sa kagaguhan ni Kalbo, so I've heard.

There's actually a third person in the whole scene for it to be complete, but it's best to leave him out because I don't know him, and he's not here anymore. What was significant about his expulsion was that he just signed his promotion less than a week before the incident. Gago, ano?

Back to DM. I was at the office in ParaƱaque yesterday, gathering information for the lecture that I am going to give to the personnel there soon. I searched his computer for pictures, under the My Pictures folder of My Documents. Guess what I saw? There's a picture of one of my ex-officemate at the call center I used to work for, let's call him Tony. I got curious and asked DM about the photo. (By the way, DM was at the province.) You know what DM said to me?

"Ikaw ha, huwag mo na naman akong intrigahin diyan." Please take note of the words in bold.

To be honest, I can feel DM was on the defensive. Hindi ka naman ma-iintriga kung walang iintrigahin sa iyo, DM. The incident furthered my suspicion: Tony might be a guy for hire. The signs were there ever since I first saw him drunk about two years ago. Gosh, I'm actually friends with a real man-whore! Only if my gut feel is true, but it usually is. And not that I want him. Eww, ano, latak? :D

The positive things I saw regarding the incident are: an efficient system, and mawawalan na ng kakampi si Snake dito sa opisina. Masama ako, pero ganon talaga.

Actually with DM's leaving, I'm afraid that his job will fall unto me. I already have my hands full, and I don't think that I'd be able to handle more. *shudder* Damn.

Ano nga ba yung trabahong nakita ko sa Dubai ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tony huh... I've never really seen him drunk on the two occassions that he was when I was still with that call-center company. I'm shocked.. really. I maybe too naive, but perhaps there really is no issue. Maybe they're just friends.