Monday, January 16, 2006

Gathering Darkness

I know I wrote that 20006 would be something great, that good things would be happening to me.

So why do I feel unsecured now?

I took a cab this morning, as I usually do everyday, to avoid sweating and the mixed smell of smoke and pollution on my clothes. I stared outside the window of the cab, my mind wandering and giving automatic directions to the driver.

“Anong petsa ng ngayon?” the driver asked as we came near my destination, jolting me out of my stupor. I counted the days in my mind, and then replied, “January 16 ho.”

Sixteen days into 2006, and counting. Three hundred forty-nine days to go.


Last Friday, my sister asked our nephew to leave her house for good. It turns out that his flirtatious ways had gone overboard, and can be classified as sexual harassment. What’s more is the revelation that he’s doing it on one of my sister’s househelps, who admittedly is pretty. Siguro dala na rin ng libog. He’s had a lot of violations, so I’ve heard, which I’m not in the exact position to enumerate. Anyway, good riddance to him.

Which brings me to think about my current status in my sister’s point of view. Am I the one to go next? Honestly, I like staying in her house for the following reasons: it’s quiet at night, I don’t feel claustrophobic, it’s near my current job, and it’s cool the whole year round.

Anyway, I learned that my sister is quite disappointed in me because, according to my other sister, I didn’t tell her what my nephew’s been doing. Ang sa akin naman, what’s there to tell? I don’t want to talk about things I am not sure of , masabihan pa akong malisyoso.

But if it comes to it, I’m ready to go. I’ve been meaning to leave a long time ago na rin naman. I just don’t want to go back to our house in San Juan, because whenever I’m there, my system goes haywire and I panic.

Just like Ennui, I think I am going to go find a place of my own, though I think it will be not as nice as the one Ennui has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try getting a place of your own r3dguy. It may not have a "homey" ambiance that you're used to.. but hey, home is what you make it to be. =)
It might be small (just a room), but its your's and you can do whatever you want and no one can boss you around when you just feel like doing nothing at all the whole day.