Monday, December 19, 2005

Awareness on Panic Attacks

I f*cking woke up at 4:30 AM, having just three hours of sleep. I was expecting another panic attack, but it never came. I think reading on how to overcome it helped.

What was remarkable about the book is that having a panic attack is not a harmful thing. Instead, it is a process the body should undergo to burn up excess adrenalin (that I didn't really know I had until I read the book.)

More than 60% (or higher, I think) of the entire world population experienced a panic attack at least once in their lifetime, and it varies in frequency thenafter. It can happen to any healthy human being.

As I progress through the book, I am amazed at the fact that panic attacks do end. And I plan to end it soon.

Once I overcome this, I am determined to lead a healthier lifestyle (the gym is not an option).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a panic attack is so common that maybe some people have experienced it without really knowing.

I wonder what triggers the attack, and how people know that they are having such an attack.