Saturday, August 06, 2005

Reflections and Echoes

I was walking along the asphalt street to work on this rainy day, and I saw reflected on it the trees and sky. It amazed me that something so far above can be beateous below. Am I making sense here?
And when I got to work today, I had to get off the elevator a floor below than my usual stop. I had to use the ever-accesible fire escape to go up. I opened the door, stepped in, then released the door. The sound resonated up and below. It reminded me of how hollow I have become the past few weeks. Happiness cannot be attained through material wealth.
I must admit that my work right now is killing me. I had to do battle with the elements, and I had to mingle with the people I have come to "abhor" on the streets. But then I realized that there are two kinds of masa: the purpose-driven, genuinely determined to uplift themselves on the one hand, and those who remain ignorant and prey for the literate on the other. I pity the latter.
To reach the top, I had to experience working from below. It turned out better than expected. If only someone were there to share it with me.

2 comments:

ennui said...

hang on in there r3dguy. if things get rough, your friends are here for u Ü

the rain can be a beautiful thing, even getting wet on the worst possible time of ur life, it can still be an uplifting experience. it makes me realize how life isn't only about following office schedules or accepted behavior patterns. getting caught in the rain reminds me to stop whatever it is i'm doing or thinking about and just enjoy the moment. Ü

billydee said...

Yeah, cool raindrops falling on the face is an uplifting experience. I miss those times where you just feel the moment. Everything seems to be rushing these days.