Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Decisions

Hello there. My sister together with her family left for Bangkok today. As I am typing this, I am sure that they are already there.

Anyway, here is an update. Yesterday, Ate Shei called me up and said that my ex-boss has intentions of hiring me back to head the Purchasing Department/Section. She said that I will be stationed at the warehouse for training purposes. I would be given the same salary, and that I would also have transportation allowance. Now, I honestly believe that that is a good deal. If I am going to be accepted again and stationed away from the main office, I think I'd be happier because I will be away from obnoxious people. It's sad, though, that I am going to be away from my friends there at the office. Well, this is a welcome change, and if really given the chance, I will do my best at the job. Only, my ex-boss believes so much that I can pull this through. I hope I can. I know I can. The best thing about this, I will be near to something that I really love - books!

Ennui texted me the other day that there is an opening at the company that he's working for that is offering a higher basic salary. Customer Service Rep. I've been there. Traumatic. Especially know that it's going to be for billing. *Shudders* I have yet to decide.

By the way, for Harry Potter fanatics, the company is selling HP and the Half-Blood Prince for only Php 1,500. I do not know how that compares to other stores.

Andrew Lloyd Weber's "Phantom of the Opera" is on TV. Damn, I love that film.

You know, sometimes when I look at Pinoys, there is this frown on their face which I can't explain. It's like an acceptance of defeat, of recognizing the status quo, of mock benevelonce. It's a condescending attitude to something akin to the feeling of being unable to defeat something. I don't exactly know how to explain it. I think it's part of the Pinoy culture. Like shouting. That is how Pinoys talk, they shout out what they want to express.

Anyway, that would be it for today. Ü

3 comments:

ennui said...

I suggest u take that offer. It's a better career move for u and you'll love being surrounded by books Ü

Anonymous said...

I think I remember you saying that this warehouse is near or located in Sucat, then that's great! We can hang by that new tambayan we found on my birthday ;p.

Anyway, I'll be praying that God will grant you wisdom to choose the right path. Take care! :)

r3dguy said...

ennui: yeah i am seriously considering it, really. i hope we can meet sometime and yosi our lungs out. :D

monja!: make your own account so i can put comments also. and thanks for the support. and yes i'm looking forward to the tambayan.