Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Tale of 99 Yellow Cars

There is a tale of 99 yellow cars.

Back in college, there was a classmate of mine, a girl, who believed that counting until you get ninety-nine yellow cars would grant your wish. Of course it's a silly tale. This is the metropolis, and there are at least five thousand yellow cars out there. Cabs, tricycles, jeepneys, vans, trucks and other public transports are not included, she said. Just privately owned cars. Okay, at least a couple of thousands, then. Wherever we were , she would count those yellow cars. It has to be yellow, any kind, and not the one bordering gold.

So time passed and she counted yellow cars, until one day, her ninety-ninth came. And she made a wish. I asked her what it was, and she said that she wished she and her boyfriend would last a long time. Well, that was a century ago, and I hear that they're still together.

Of course I didn't believe her. Anyone can make a relationship last that long.

So I didn't mind the tought for quite some time. A few years after, I got a job. One day as I sat beside the window inside a bus, there were a lot of yellow cars that passed. I then remembered her. I thought of it, and suddenly I found myself counting. I thought that there's nothing to lose if ever I just try to count, thinking that I would lose it in a day or two. I was wrong.

Right now I'm on my eighty-second yellow car. Along the way I've met a lot of people thinking that they would be there until the ninety-ninth. Everytime I see a yellow car I get excited but at the same time scared, because I realize that I may reach the ninety-ninth yellow car, but no one will be there to share it with me.

Will it be Urie or somebody else?

Now that I mentioned him, I haven't texted him for quite some time. Actually, I did, it's just that I texted him but not using my SUN. I used my GLOBE. I do not know if he's been texting me, but I shall know that in the next few days. I miss him.

I hoping that Ferdi and I, together with some other people, would be able to leave for vacation. I just can't wait. I'm so stressed with work.

1 comment:

ennui said...

If what u wish for doesn't come at the end of ur wish, your friends will be there for u Ü