Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Friend In Need is a Friend Indeed

I have a straight friend whom I haven't talked with for some time now. Kamustahan ng una, the usual updates. As our conversation progressed, nagulat na lang ako when he shared his problem with me. Since I promised not to tell anyone else about his issue, I'm not going to mention what it is. (Sorry guys, he's not gay, and he doesn't know that I am one.)

I asked him why he decided to tell everything to me, despite his having friends and family. Well, he admitted that he didn't feel like telling anyone else since he believed that they won't understand him. Nagulat ako doon. I've known him ever since as having people with whom he could share his thoughts with. I asked him ulit, why me? He said that he read my blog (not this) before and somehow felt comfortable sharing his issue with me.

And so right now, I'm helping him with his dilemma. One thing led to another and we found each other holdi- I'm currently supporting him emotionally because he trusted me, and I understand (daw) what he's going through.

I now understand what Joms said. Masarap nga ang makatulong na nagsimula sa blog.

Ironic, that sometimes I cannot even help myself, and yet here I am, willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who asks for it. I seriously think there is something wrong with me. Do not get me wrong though, despite my recent troubles, I AM OKAY.

Going back to the guy, marami rin naman akong na-discover/re-discover about me. Things too trivial for me to discuss here.

I once thought that the phrase "A friend in need is a friend indeed" was something negative. To me it meant user-friendliness (a Pinoy corruption of the same phrase, originally meant to convey ease of use for the one who needs it (mostly a thing)), someone who needs assistance gets suspiciously cozy with you to obtain it. Hindi pala. It should mean that a true friend is someone who is there for you during your times of trouble, and if I may add, even if their assistance is not solicited (sometimes).

Sa tingin ko naman, sa pagkakataong ito, ako naman ang naging kaibigan sa isang taong nangangailangan. Puro na lang ako kasi ang humihingi nga suporta. Nakapagpapataas ng morale, lalo na sadsad ito ng mga nagdaang araw.

Okay, tama na, I should just shut up and die. :D

No comments: