Friday, April 20, 2007

Challenging My Integrity

Last Friday, I was approached by the Personnel Manager. She questioned me regarding my overtime work on Sundays. Then she asked me if I had keys to the office, to which I replied yes. And then she said that she's going to approach the Ex-Com (committee consisting of the managers of the office) to ask if I should be allowed to keep it.

I know she's aware that I have keys here to the office, in fact it's been almost a year, and ngayon lang niya tinatanong kung bakit ako may susi. Ang tanga di ba? Needless to say, it's like accusing me of doing something to endanger the company. Actually medyo matagal-tagal na ring kumukulo ang dugo ko sa kanya.

Imagine this. Last Saturday, she approached me and said (practically shoved down my throat) that I work on the OT files for her. It was obvious that I didn't want to, but she was insistent, so sinabi ko na lang gagawin ko. Pero di ko ginawa nung Lunes. In fact, nag-undertime ako. Sinabi ko na lang the following day, Tuesday, na hindi ko ginawa dahil may pinagawa din sa akin ang boss ko. Gulat siya di ko ginawa. I think it's time for her to stop depending on other people to do her job.

Anyway, I submitted my resignation letter last Tuesday, much to their, mostly her, surprise. The accounting manager that I was ranting about the other day to my friend talked to me in less than 5 minutes that I submitted the letter.

My boss talked to me at about 11 AM. He told me a lot of things. He was convincing me not to leave. Most quotable quote, "You are like a son to me."

Oh well, I said I have two weeks to think about it. I hope that I'm doing the right thing.

No comments: