Thursday, March 02, 2006

Memoirs of a Brokeback Mountain Geisha

I've seen both films - Brokeback Mountain and Memoirs of a Geisha - and I like them. I watched alone of course, so that I could concentrate. I think Brokeback Mountain deserves the win for the Academy Awards, but Heath Ledger (Ennis del Mar) is not going to win the Best Actor award, I think. Jake Gyllenhaal was superb though.

Fearless forecast: if there are no other movies like Brokeback and Geisha, Malate's Halloween parties would be filled with Pinoy Cowboys/Cowgirls, and people wearing kimono.

Finally, Rustom Padilla admitted that he is gay. See link here. But somehow his method of admission just doesn't work for me.

1 comment:

Kiss My Mike said...

Wow, finally Rustom came out of the closet.

Good for him! I hope there will be video clips of that episode so I can see it too.