Friday, October 28, 2005

What I'm Looking for In a Friend

I remember my discussion with monja! a few weeks back regarding friendship. I forgot to post it here before so I'm doing it now. Basically, these are the qualities that I am looking for in a person before we can be friends or before we can have a relationship.

1. Discerning. One who shows good judgement (:the ability to make considered decisions or form sensible opinions). For the lack of a better term, I am going to use this word. For me, it's more like someone who can very well anticipate things. This is important to avoid conflicts or issues between us. It's like being a kindred soul. (Spirit)

2. Respectful of Others. When one respects a person, it shows how humane one is. Feet are on the ground. People are not taken for granted. Mindful of others, of their needs, of their thoughts, and of their actions. Superiority has its time and place, but not when you're around friends.

3. Intelligent/Witty/Clever and Mature. Anything that is associated with these words. Maturity comes along with it. I need someone who I can relate to. I admit I don't get bored easily, and if I am, then I could have exhausted all my intellectual and emotional outlet. So I need someone to freshen me up. There is so much to learn in this world! Share some to me. (Mind)

4. Compassionate. Do not confuse with pity or even merciful. A priest once distinguished one from the other, but I forget the exact difference. The thing is, it's better to be compassionate than pitying (is there such a word?), because compassion makes you understand and care. (Heart)

It's hard to find one like this, I know. To be honest, I may be lacking of these things I enumerated, too. Heck, no one is this perfect. Well, I'd probably go with a three out of all four. So if you are what I am looking for: WHAT KEPT YOU!?

1 comment:

ennui said...

well, thank god YOU kept me Ü