Monday, October 24, 2005

The Sunset, My Lover


The sunset fascinates me.

I remember way back in highschool, my friends and I usually stay long after dismissal. To us, well, to me, staying at school is a social thing. The senior year placed us on the fifth floor, and so, that is where we stay.

Then comes the sunset. Although it would strain my vision, I would stare at the massive fiery ball as it slides down. Sometimes its deep red, but most of the time it is blinding white. It was the only time that I could stare at the sun on a tolerable level.

Why my lover? Because everytime I watch it slide down, I always feel its calming effect. I would feel its warm carress, and I bask in its overwhelming presence.

Just like how a lover should be: a pillar of strength, a source of hope, and an assuring presence.

Si seulement la vie serait plus gentille à moi, peut-être alors je trouverais mon soleil.

3 comments:

ennui said...

oh this is so romantic and beautifully sad at the same time ... sigh

. said...

Astig!! Pareho tayo, I love sunsets too! I even promised myself to return at the back of SM Mall of Asia (Diosdado Macapagal Blvd) To take some pictures of Sunset behind the plaza there.

Anonymous said...

.ennui: i know. do you remember those days?

.trippy: ei musta? talaga? kaso nakakatakot sa reclaimed area na iyon kasi baka biglang gumuho ang lupa. but if it's for the sunset, well, why not? :D