Wednesday, June 29, 2005

My Job Description

For the curious, here is my job description:
My primary function is to think of promos and advertisements for different occasions throughout the year, not only for our stores, but also for magazines and newspapers. For that I use Adobe PhotoShop (I am currently using version 5.0), iPhoto Express, and sometimes MS Word, Powerpoint, and lately, CorelDraw 9 Office Edition. I add here that I also do book covers for my boss' book, which, I am told, is selling very good.
I also handle four e-mails, besides my own, for two websites. Two for inquiries, and two for orders. With that, I have to deal with spam, long downloads, and whatever the problems our e-mails and e-mail server come up with. I use Outlook Express. Believe me, 95% of our e-mails are spam.
I also have to monitor and update two websites, one being long overdue, and the other needing additional materials. I use an FTP software for this. Of late I almost had a nervous breakdown because it turns out that the .ph registration for our website expired. No one told me, so I had to get sensitive information from my boss just to continue with the .ph domain. So if his credit card has anomalies, who's there to blame? Damn. The content had to be scanned and uploaded. It's kind of boring when you have 100+ books to scan, edit, resize, save as two filenames, and upload.
In addition, I also do some secretarial work, in a sense that I have to edit and print documents, e-mails, and anything else my dear boss asks me to print. I'm like the third or pseudo-secretary in this job.
If a technical problem arises with other computer here at the office, I have to fix it. Like the time when I had to adjust settings on Kalbo's PC just to make the printing work.
When my boss needs information, I log on to the web and do research. He asked me to do electrolysis and phosphorence last week.
Not much of it, but I also handle paintings. If someone visits the painting website and decides to buy, I coordinate with the warehouse to bring the paintings here at the office so the potential buyers can view them. I had to entertain them.
Included in my job is to purchase materials for all our projects. If I can't purchase it myself, I'll ask the purchasing officer to do it for me.
Finally, I also do printing, scanning, fixing requests, e-mailing, typing, downloading, and other -ings which are non-work related for my officemates. Especially when my boss has already left.
You know, there are times when I am doing these things all at the same time.

No comments: